When paying off your debts, work with whatever amount you have right now and make it stretch as far as possible...
- Make a list of all outstanding bills.
- Note due dates and grace periods.
- Pay your bills only at the end of their grace periods A computer won't care that you paid on the last possible day.
- Pay only the minimum due, but pay something on all of your bills.
- Don't pay all of one bill and only some of the others.
- Don't charge anything on a due-in-30-days basis. Try to arrange credit over a longer period.
- If it looks like your money problems will last a while, send a note to the people you owe when you make part-payment. Keep it brief and to the point; "I'm experiencing problems that should be resolved soon. Here is part-payment. I will pay the full amount as soon as I can.